- Make sure it is legal in the countyr you live in!
- Never stake more than you can afford to lose
- Do your research. If you are betting on a sports event make sure you know everything about the market you are betting on, and the teams or players involved
- Get the best odds you can. Compare online bookmakers to get the best deal
- Have a strategy or system and stick to it
- Think long term, don’t give up or change your strategy if you have one losing bet, instead look at periods of month to month
- Don’t give up your day job unless your sports betting is making you a regular profit over the long term
- Consider using betting exchanges like Betfair to get better odds.
- Have fun! It’s a hobby as well as a money maker, so if you don’t enjoy online sports betting then don’t do it.